General Information: Gear
The following accessories are highly recommended for the workshops. These are some of the basic tools used for outdoor/landscape photography. We will cover their proper use during the class. However, if you are missing any of the gear listed below, don't let that stop you from joining us. We have plenty of gear available to loan you for the Workshop. Several of the companies we work with have provided us with loaner gear..
- Cokin "P" Series or Lee Filter System and lens shade
- Your camera manual
- Extra battery and charger
- One-stop neutral density "graduated" filter
- Two-stop neutral density "graduated" filter
- Remote or cable shutter release
- An efficient lens shade
- Polarizing filter
- Plenty of memory cards
Recommended film: Fuji Velvia transparency
What you will need:
- Any camera will work, film or digital. The techniques that we'll cover pertain to any brand or model. Our sponsors have provided gear for you to use, so before buying an expensive tripod, diffusion panel or reflector, try one of ours.
- Day-pack for snacks and drinks
- Everyone is on their own for meals
- Outdoor essentials – hat, sunscreen, jacket, flashlight, insect repellent, canteen or water bottle, gloves, rain gear & coins for those back country vending machines.
- Snipe repellant